Matchzone: Livingston (H)

By Lewis Nicol

After the 3-2 triumph over St Johnstone a couple of weeks ago, Killie looked to continue on the same path and go on a winning run.

However, Livingston once again proved to be a difficult team to beat.

The game was end to end from kick-off, with both teams having their fair share of chances.

Dionne Brown was heavily involved in the majority of Killie’s opportunities in the first half, delivering through balls and crosses that one way or another were not capitalised on.

Abby Robinson was excruciatingly close to opening the scoring in the 33rd minute after snatching the ball from the Livingston defender and being through on goal but was just unable to beat the oncoming Livi keeper.

However, it was the visiting side that controlled most of the first half, having most of the ball and piling on the pressure, eventually taking the lead in the 38th minute after Ashley Elizabeth took advantage of a rebound after a great initial save by Ellie Currie.

A shot from outside the box almost saw the visitors double their lead just before half time but was once again saved by Currie.

Despite going into the break trailing, Killie could look back on the first half and find a lot of positives such as Robinson’s opportunity and know that they can get the chances, but they just need to convert them.

After the whistle blew to kick-off the second half, it seemed that Livingston were going to continue their first half performance, with a couple of early attacks.

Although, Killie managed to grow into the game as they started to get more and more opportunities, with a cross from Kelsy Crainie intercepted just before it reached Brown who undoubtably would’ve converted the chance to take the lead.

Brown continued to press the Livingston defence, being a constant threat resulting in her almost profiting from a poor clearance attempt by the Livi keeper in the 62nd Minute and also just hitting the post a couple minutes later.

Killie looked to further liven up the game as they brought Rae and Cowan on for Crooks and Canavan to give the team a boost of energy as they searched for the equaliser.

Killie were finally rewarded for their effort in the 68th minute as Robinson let a shot fly from outside the box which found its way into the net to bring Killie level with 20 minutes to go.

Killie didn’t take their foot off the gas after scoring the equaliser as they continued to create chance after chance but, unfortunately, were unable to take the lead and collect all three points.

Perhaps this game being a fortnight since the match against St Johnstone threw off the momentum slightly for Killie.

However, securing a point against a strong Livingston side, that were the side that needed the three points the most as they were hoping to close the gap between themselves and Killie, is a great result.

The draw means that Killie remain seven points clear of Livi on the league table as they hope to secure the playoff spot to put themselves in contention to get promotion to the top flight.

Killie host Glasgow Women at Rugby Park on the 14th of April as they hope to keep their playoff spot safe.