Matchzone: Aberdeen (H)

Kilmarnock continued their impressive form with a 2-0 victory against Aberdeen at Rugby Park.

The Ayrshire side improved their record against the Dons this season to three wins out of three and five goals scored, zero conceded.

Corrie Ndaba scored his first Kilmarnock goal seconds before half-time, and Matty Kennedy doubled the lead just prior to the hour mark.

The victory leaves us in fourth, 13 points ahead of today’s opponents and it’s just one defeat from the last 14 matches in all competitions.

Captain Kyle Vassell almost had the hosts in front after just two minutes as he latched on to a lovely header through from Marley Watkins, but Vassell was desperately unlucky as his effort from 12 yards smacked the post.

Dante Polvara had a decent chance in the 13th minute as he tested Will Dennis from 20 yards, but the Killie No 1 was switched on enough to catch the effort.

Stuart Findlay went close in the 25th minute as he leapt highest from a corner to fire a header on target, but his chance was well blocked on the line by Jamie McGrath.

Watkins had a great chance on the half-hour mark as he turned to fire a shot away inside the box, but Kelle Roos did well to save at close-range.

The game looked sure to be heading into half-time goalless, but Ndaba made sure that wasn’t the case as he headed home from a Danny Armstrong cross in the dying seconds of the opening period.

In the 54th minute the home fans were off their seats as Matty Kennedy headed towards goal, Liam Polworth burst a gut to get through on goal and was slipped in by Kennedy, but the midfielder’s effort was well stopped by the on-rushing Roos.

Findlay then went close again with another header, this time he couldn’t quite steer it on target as it fell narrowly wide of the post.

Kennedy then doubled the hosts’ lead after great work by Vassell who laid off the winger, Kennedy made no mistake as he sent Roos the wrong way from close-range.

Killie’s No 10 then tried to double his money in the 68th minute when he cut inside and fired a curling effort at goal, but Roos was well placed to catch the effort.

David Watson almost made it two in two weeks as he latched on to a cross into the area, but he couldn’t get a strong enough shot away as Roos stopped the effort.

Score: Kilmarnock 2-0 Aberdeen

Team: Dennis, Mayo, Findlay, Wright, Ndaba, Armstrong (Stewart 86), Polworth (Balagizi 86), Donnelly, Kennedy (Murray 90), Watkins (Van Veen 86), Vassell (Watson 72)