Club Information | Home Festive Fixtures
In the wake of the Scottish Government’s announcement over restrictions on stadium capacity, we participated in a meeting with fellow Scottish Championship clubs this afternoon to discuss the implications of this decision.
With attendance capped at 500 fans for at least the next three weeks and with Coronavirus cases rising due to the Omicron variant, we joined a virtual call with representatives from all Championship sides over whether or not to proceed with the scheduled festive fixtures.
As a club with a season ticket base of close to 4,000, we wanted to explore all options to play games at a time when the maximum number of supporters could be inside the stadium to watch.
We supported a three-week league shutdown in the hope that during this timeframe, more booster vaccinations could be administered across the country and more could be learned about the impact of this latest Covid strain. This could potentially avoid the severe financial implications on clubs as well as the emotional impact on supporters restricted from seeing their team in the flesh.
Each Championship club gave their view on the situation and a majority opted to continue to play on under the upcoming restrictions.
As a result:
- A loyalty season ticket holder ballot will return for our home matches against Morton on December 29 and our Ayrshire Derby on January 2, 2022
- Full details of the ballot will be released tomorrow (December 23)
- All Season Ticket holders who are not successful in the ballot will have access to watch the match on Killie TV using their season ticket details. Details of a test event for fans will be released tomorrow (December 23)
- Any home and away fans who have already bought a match ticket will be given access to a PPV stream
- If you have purchased a match ticket and do not wish access to the PPV stream then please contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss
- We are reviewing the impact on hospitality guests and our hospitality team will be in contact with further information tomorrow (December 23)
- The Killie Superstore will remain open for fans
We are hugely disappointed to be playing with a minimal number of supporters and we can’t wait for the day you can all return to Rugby Park.