Ladbrokes Premiership | Dundee 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

Ladbrokes Premiership | Dundee 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

in #KillieStories February 12, 2017

Richard Cairns @ Dens Park

For the second away game in a row Killie recorded a 1-1 draw, with the match at Dens Park following the same pattern as the previous fixture at New Douglas Park. In both matches Killie scored an early goal, played some lovely football, but came away with a share of the points.

There was only one change to the starting line-up, new loan signing Conor Sammon replacing the injured Stevie Smith. It was all Killie in the opening period, and we took a deserved lead after just 9 minutes. A long through ball from Luke Hendrie found Kris Boyd, and he outwitted the keeper to slide the ball over the line. Spraying the ball about with some style, Killie looked good value for the lead, but despite all that possession, the visitors found a way back. Dundee equalised after 27 minutes, when a Kerr cross caused some hesitation in the Killie defence and Holt drove the ball into the bottom corner.

Soon after there was a re-organisation in the Killie defence when Luke Hendrie came off after a series of knocks. Miles Addison returned to the heart of the defence after a long injury lay-off, with Iain Wilson going to right back and Kristoffer Ajer moving forward into midfield. Dundee gained momentum as the match went on and enjoyed their best spell of the game up to half time, without really threatening Freddie Woodman in the Killie goal.

The second half was a pretty even affair. Kris Boyd and Conor Sammon had chances for Killie, and near the end Bain made a good save to push over a Rory McKenzie effort. A late flurry by the home side saw a few shots flash wide but the Killie defence stood strong and secured a point to bring back to Ayrshire.

Woodman, Hendrie (Addison 31), Taylor, Ajer, Dicker, I. Wilson, McKenzie, Longstaff, K. Boyd (Tyson 85), Sammon, Jones (Roberts 85) (Subs. - S. Boyd, M. Smith, Umerah, MacDonald - not used)